Saturday, May 9, 2009

DubOne- Mauer Morneau and the secret of Life.



S238 R22S22 5/9/09



So I had two tickets to this game as part of my 20 game package.... only Wife wanted to take her pal Beki for the latter's 25th birthday. So I would have to sit in GA by myself.

This is no big deal, as I have been to plenty of games (7) by myself this year. Justin and Joey Da Gun went back to back for the second game in a row and Kuuuuuubel almost joined them by hitting a shot to the wall in center. All was well in the Dome.

The secret to life is this: If you aren't there, it will happen and you will miss it. This rule has already come to fruition twice this year. I was late for the first time all year and missed Joey's first HR.

But this was worse. As I sat alone in GA, Wife and Beki were in the row selected as "Hormel Row of Fame." As the famous song began "If you are at the game/in Hormel's row of fame...." I looked up at the jumbo screen and there was Wife, mugging for the cameras! I have not spoken to her since.

COMPANY: None (8)
Food/Bev: None
Attendance: 29,552 (63.4% full)
Seat Cost: $3.08
Parking cost: $1.50
Total Spent: $4.58
Season Total: $273.05($13.00/gm)



"I hit a home run, it doesn't happen a whole lot," Mauer said with a wide grin. "Then he's got to go back and show everybody that he can do it too. I always give him a hard time, saying, 'Hey, look at me, I can do it too.' It's all in fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment