Saturday, July 11, 2009

Game 52- Brad Radke Night at the Dome.

S101 R9 S1 7/11/09




"I hate that guy," Guillen said jokingly on Saturday. "Rad would get you 0-for-4 and you'd go home wondering, 'How did he do it?' That's the type of guy he was. He was one of the best pitchers they had in a long time."



When I was 15, I went on a church retreat in order to "graduate" from confirmation. It was the summer of Brad Radke's 12 game winning streak/20-win season, and Radke was to sign autographs the same Saturday as the retreat at Mall of America. After begging friends and relatives, I convinced my Grandma to make the trip for me to get my scorecard signed.

It turned out that the bus to the retreat made a "surprise" visit to MOA to go on rides at Camp Snoopy, which I sneakily snuck out of to wait in line for a Radke signed Sears brand ball. I got to the front of the line, shook his hand, and got the thing signed. I barely, barely made it back onto the bus to go God knows where (no pun intended), and had to keep the ball hidden to ensure no one knew of my debauchery.


COMPANY: Wife (11)
Food/Bev: None
Attendance: 41,146 (88.2% full)
Seat Cost: $23.00
Parking cost: $2.00
Total Spent: $25.00
Season Total: $682.64($13.12/gm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment