Wednesday, February 25, 2009

First fantasy draft! Live Blog Pt 2

9:56 Fine, I'll take Brad Lidge in the EIGHTH ROUND! Actually that should read different: HELL YES I WILL TAKE LIDGE IN THE EIGHTH ROUND! YIPEEEEEE!

9:59 Sheilds or Kazmir!!! Sheilds or Kazmir???? SHEILDS OR KAZMIR?!?!

10:00 Draft Kazmir, with a K.

1002 I am starting to get bored. Waiting out 22 nerds to pick is like waiting out a slow chick flick in that once in a while there is something to make fun of, but the rest of the time you struggle just to stay awake.

10:05 Took a flyer on Nelson Cruz of Texas. This warrants further research, since I barely know who the hell he is. According to The Bill James Handbook 2009, Cruz is projected to go (.278-28-85). I'll take it if it happens, but I am not terribly happy with the pick. Sigh. So it goes.

10:08 Talent running low, I take Jose Lopez to play 2B. I was going to be content with Casilla but Lopez carried one of my teams in August last year and I am a stickler for continuity.

10:14 Draft Adrian Beltre to play 3B. Joe Crede is ranked super, super low so I should be able to grab him late and stash him on the bench.

10:15 Here is a debate for you in round 13- Greinke or Volquez?! I defer, since I have Johan, Kazmir and Lee and take Moneybags Hunter. I figure he MIGHT hit 30 HR this year, worth a 14th round flier. Possible trade bait?

10:20 Denard Span. Easy pick. Pops seems to think he will have a huge year, and he is my favorite Twin. Hey, I don't have to explain myself to you!!

10:23 Had to choose between Matt Garza and such standouts as Johnny Cueto (crap), Matt Cain (more crap), P Chris Young (super crap) and Max Scherzer (hot garbage). Makes you kinda miss Joe Mays.

10:29 Fine, I'll take the ACE OF THE TWINS STAFF with the 192nd pick. So this is my rotation (since we play this league as though there is a "rotation")
1. Johan Santana
2. Cliff Lee
3. Scott Kazmir
4. Scott Baker
5. Matt Garza
...Is that good? (And yes, it makes me very sad that three of these guys WERE ON THE SAME TEAM in 2006 and now are on 3 seperate teams...)

10:31 Crede!

Fantasy cock teases, pt II

Greene, K
Weaver, Jared

Crisp, C

Blalock, H
Hernandez, Ramon

10:35 Draft Dioneer Navarro to back up Doumit. I like Navarro a lot and honestly would have been satisfied with him as my starter. A steal this late. My next pick is Kevin Slowey. It was between him and Gavin Floyd, and I would never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever take a Pale Ho over a Twin. I am such a nerd.

10:45 With my last pick I usually try to reach for a sleeper, this year I took Ben Sheets. Hardly a sleeper, more of a reach. At least there are 2 DL spots.....

Final Roster (satisfaction scale of 1-5)
C Doumit (3)
1B Justin (5)
2B Lopez (3)
SS Jose Reyes (7)
3B Beltre (2)
LF Bruce (4)
CF Hunter (2)
RF Nelson Cruz (1? 5?)
Util D Span (4)

BN1 Crede (2)
BN2 Casilla (4)
BN3 Navarro (4)

SP1 Santana (5)
SP2 C Lee (4)
SP3 Kazmir (5)
SP4 Garza (4)
SP5 Baker (4)

BN Slowey (3)
BN Sheets (2)


RP1 Nathan (5)

BN Lidge (5)

2 comments: